By Dru Macasieb
Originally Written: January 9th, 2017
Students need to log into Canvas at least 4 days a week, preferably on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of the week. Friday, Saturdays, and Sunday are optional, however, it is best to log in and complete the daily checkpoints on those days, as more than 4 daily checkpoints correct in a week, turns into extra credit.
Students that do not login consecutively or post attendance for more than 5 days are placed on an attendance watch list.
Students may be dropped for:
- not attending online or on-ground for the first week of the mod
- failing to attend online and/or on-ground for 14 consecutive days
- poor attendance or academic performance, as recommended by a school offical
Dropping is not automatic as not all students’ circumstances are the same and there are various factors involved in this process. Therefore, students must take the initiative to communicate with the education department to inform us of their situation, and if they wish to remain enrolled or would like to drop.
If you need to drop from the college please contact the education department as soon as possible. For best results please send an email that:
- States you would like to drop
- Give a reason for dropping. Be detailed and specific as possible so that someone may give you the best possible advisement, provide you with possible alternatives to dropping, provide you advisement on how dropping will affect your academic and financial aid status, and provide you with advisement on re-entering
- Provide your availability so that we may schedule the best time for an exit interview and to drop off books and your laptop (to avoid additional charges).
Note: If you drop in the middle of a Mod you will receive an “F” grade. Please visit this review the site “Consequences of Failing a Class”